Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Book Covers

While going through the book cover archives I found a few I liked, but I found one that was just too bland and too simple to be a decent design. I found the texture of the background to be nice, but it has no connection to the story besides maybe color. Then there is an issue about the centered gill sans type that is just way too simple. all in all I yawned when I saw it.

The next image I found had wonderful hard lettered type. I enjoy the style and the color. the position is a little askew but works fine. The bright yellow and red are very attractive and pull you in.

Finally I found a nice type and image based cover. I really enjoy the old style illustration with the cursive vintage type. The authors name is a little large in comparison to the rest of the cover but over all the image and type work well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment