Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Journal04

Bruce Mau is the Chief Creative Officer of Bruce Mau Design. Clients of his Chicago and Toronto studios include Coca-Cola, McDonald's, MTV, Arizona State University, Miami's American Airlines Arena, New Meadowlands Stadium, Frank Gehry, Herman Miller, Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus, and the feature length documentary The 11th Hour. Since founding his studio in 1985, Mau has used design and optimism to originate, innovate, and renovate businesses, brands, products, and experiences.
15. Ask stupid questions.
Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer, not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant.

I chose this mantra because knowledge is so important. Also, you never want to look a fool if you do something wrong because you didn't question what you were doing. Sometimes little things can become big problems. For example, When i was in middle school I worked for our neighbor who trained dogs professionally. I learned very quick to make sure I was doing things correctly and the way she wanted. I found this out my first day when I was letting the dogs out to air from the kennels. It was a rainy day and I thought all I had to do was let the dog out and clean the kennel while it ran about and did its business. It went well for the first few kennels but then I got to this energetic mixed lab. I let it out and it took off with a vengeance. I began to clean its cage and did not pay attention to the dog much, thinking it would come back when it was done. Little did I know that I was supposed to put a lead on it and watch this one. I felt stupid that I did not take the time to ask if I was supposed to take special care with any of them. The thought had crossed my mind but it seemed dumb to ask, because I assumed the dogs were all well trained. In the end it took a while but we finally got the dog back and I got my ass chewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment